MDS UK is a small charity established in 2008 with a goal to raise awareness of myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) and to offer information and support for patients and their loved ones who have been affected.
Their activities include:
- Putting people in touch with fellow patients or caregivers who may share their experience
- Providing access to a list of MDS specialist UK consultants, at specialist centres
- Providing patients with help and advice over the phone 5 days a week
- Holding national patient information meetings with specialist speakers
- Smaller regional support group meetings with local consultants and nurses