The Acute Leukemia Advocates Network (ALAN) is an independent global network of patient organisations, dedicated to changing outcomes of patients with acute leukemias by strengthening patient advocacy in that area. It aims to build capacity in the members of the network to deliver tailored services to acute leukemia patients and carers on the national level, while joining forces between organisations on the policy and research level across countries.
Activities of ALAN
- Developing patient information and specific support for patients with acute leukemias and their carers in all countries
- Strengthening patient organisations by sharing best practices and providing toolkits in patient advocacy
- Creating awareness about acute leukemias and how to better support leukemia patients
- Advocating for better treatment, care & access to healthcare services
- Improving education for healthcare professionals serving leukemia patients
- Collaborating with other initiatives and stakeholders with similar goals